The project was coordinated and implemented by IKME in collaboration with BILBAN aiming to achieve the following targets:
1. To record the oral testimonials of Cypriots (GC and TC), who lived in mixed villages before 1974, through interview of eye-witnesses on the following topics:
- Education, religious and social celebration
- Family style and values
- Mixed marriages and relations (love stories, friendship, folklore wisdom)
- Culture (music, dancing, singing, entertainment, handicrafts)
- Avocations (crafts, cuisine, confectionery
2. To produce an audiovisual electronic database equipped with the appropriate retrieval tool that will make the data available to the public aiming at the promotion of cooperation and exchange of views and ideas between members of the two main communities in Cyprus.